I got plenty of time this weekend, so i decided to do another Marion Grasby recipe, yung simple lang pero rock! 😂
I’ve been a fan of this Thai- Australian chef since last year. I usually watch her enticing food-prep video and most of the time and I always end up trying it out in my own kitchen. Usually, I do my own twists and flavors, para mas feel na feel ko yung success! #feelingchef
This time, while browsing her videos, I was caught by her Salt and Pepper Roast Chicken Recipe, first because I got a whole chicken in the fridge (no need to go outside and buy) and second because it’s super easy to do (pero super promising, Kenny Rogers level! LOL), you just need the ingredients ready and add your own flavors and spices to achieve your preferred taste.
Since I’m trying my best this June to cut down some pounds (blame it to the lockdown period, LOL), I have to avoid carbs from cups of rice, so I decided to replace it with some smart carbs– potatoes and carrots to the rescue! 😉
Here are the ingredients I used for this recipe:
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp salt (I used my Himalayan salt)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 tbsp Good Life sesame oil
- 3 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 carrots
- Preheat the oven to 250°C
- Grind peppercorns to a medium-fine powder. Mix it with salt.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, inside and out. Then stuffed it with tomatoes, sliced bell pepper, and sliced onion. Tie the legs with string.
- Rub the pepper-salt mixture all over the chicken and place it into an oven-proof roasting tin.
- Slice the potatoes and carrots, season it with dried basil, pepper, and sesame oil. Distribute evenly around the stuffed chicken.
- Place inside the oven and roast for an hour and twenty minutes. Ready to serve!
Enjoy good and healthy food while on GCQ. Let’s try our best to strengthen our immune system because this will help us fight the Covid-19 virus. Still, enjoy good, great life. Keep safe everyone! Happy eating!
Did you try this recipe? How was the experience? Comment down below!
Collaboration? Contact me! IG: instagram.com/ricunlimited @ricunlimited FB: www.facebook.com/BlackHeliosUnlimited/ Blog: www.blackheliosph.com Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFky0fb0NWdqo5iICgzq6jg Tiktok: www.tiktok.com/ricunlimited